The original Happy Gold strategy was developed by a qualified German engineer, for what it boasts a precisely calibrated mechanism of work and a very narrow focus, in this case, gold and other precious metals. The Happy Gold Expert Advisor is based on a trend strategy with a modified ZigZag indicator. The entry signal is given when the support/resistance levels are broken, after which the position is accompanied by trailing stop.
Characteristics of the trading strategy
- Platform: MetaTrader 4;
- Instruments: precious metals, gold;
- Timeframe: M30-H4;
- Indicators: ZigZag Happy;
- Minimum deposit: 100$;
- Developer's website: happyforex.sk.
Input parameters for the Expert Advisor
- Magic - a unique number of the Expert Advisor. It is necessary for the robot to be able to distinguish its own orders from all other orders. This becomes especially important when there are several Expert Advisors trading on the account simultaneously.
- Risk – процент риска от депозита. Для консервативной торговли нужно установить 1%, для среднего риска – 3%, и 5% – для высокорисковой торговли. Чтобы использовать фиксированный лот, просто оставляем здесь 0.
- FixLot - a fixed value of the lot.
- TrailingStop (first and auxiliary) - the distance at which the stop-loss will follow the price, thus protecting the profit gained on the position.
- StopLoss - fixed stop loss.
- TakeProfit - fixed take profit.
ZigZag Happy indicator
The indicator is based on Traditional ZigZagThe modded indicator picks up ZigZag extremums and displays them as support/resistance levels. The modified indicator picks up ZigZag extremums and displays them as support/resistance levels. A pending stop order is placed at the level, and a deal is opened in the direction of price movement if the level is broken.
After the open trade the trailing stop is pulled up. That is, the profit can be fixed by both Stop Loss and Take Profit. The Expert Advisor can thus capture a prolonged trend movement.
Testing the trading robot
Let's test the Happy Gold Expert Advisor for 2016 (January-September) with stop-loss, take-profit and trailing stop parameters equal to 250 pips on gold. You can see on the chart how there was a sharp rise at the beginning of the year, which was then replaced by a horizontal chatter. Obviously, the market has changed, and the set parameters do not work anymore.
If we reduce the trailing stop to 100 pips and increase the take profit to 1000, we get much better results. A drawdown of about 7 pips, and 40% profit.
Trading on H4, the drawdown was reduced by almost a third. With a profit of 42% the relative drawdown is only 5%, which gives the best ratio of profitability to risk. There are, of course, also disadvantages - the number of trades has greatly decreased, so you have to wait very long time to open a new position.
As a solution, Happy Gold Expert Advisor can trade simultaneously on several instruments. The main thing to remember is that the strategy was developed for metals, so its good work on currencies and other instruments is not guaranteed.
That's why we shouldn't discard the option of multitime trading with different parameters. That way you'll always be in the market, and you'll get some effect at the same time. risk hedges. In any case, today it is no longer enough to just buy gold and hold it, but such robots make metal trading attractive again.